INDOCEAN are the distributors for SF6 GAS related carts and devices in India. We have been working with DILO, Germany since 1980 and are supplying various equipment in INDIA.
Thanks to many years of experience we are able to offer devices for each SF6–application such as for example:
- For simple service at SF6–plants, many versions, mobile, portable, modular system, automatic process control, high operating convenience.
- High performance equipment for complete SF6–handling allow the gas recovery, evacuation, purifying, storage and filling functions.
- Large gas carts for rational work with largerd gas quantities.
- Recovery of SF6–Gas down to 1 mbar entirely without oil.
According to the EC regulation 842/2006 on certain fluorinated greenhouse gases and the EC amendment 305/2008 only certified personnel has been given permission to recover SF6–gas in all EU member states as from July 2009. The training aims at reducing SF6 emissions during each gas handling, wherever possible.
SF6–gas is a very durable and highly potent greenhouse gas, with a global warming potential of 22,200 times that of CO2. SF6 belongs to the six (6) greenhouse gases which need to be monitored as stipulated in the Kyoto Protocol. By using DILO gas handling devices it is possible to almost completely recover, recycle and reuse the SF6–gas from medium and high voltage switchgear, during revision and at the end of life of the switchgear.
SF6 Gas is:
Advantages of SF6–gas:
- Isolating Gas
- Chemically Neutral (inert)
- Colourless and Odourless
- Insoluble in water
- 5 times heavier than air
SF6–gas is used:
- Extremly high reliability in switchgear
- To be used universally in power transmission
- Power Distribution (e.g. Converters, Circuit Breakers, Transformers)
- In the global Power supply Industry / Electricity sector
- For producing aluminium and Magnesium Castings
- In the Semi–Conductor Industry
- For Medical Technology
- For Sound and Heat Insulation
SF6 is also used in the Electrical Industry as a Gaseous Dielectric medium for High–Voltage (35 kV and above) Circuit Breakers, Switchgear and other Electrical Equipment, often replacing Oil Filled Circuit Breakers (OCBs) that can contain harmful PCBs. SF6 gas under pressure is used as an Insulator in Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) because it has a much higher dielectric strength than air or dry nitrogen. This property makes it possible to significantly reduce the size of electrical gear. This makes GIS more suitable for certain purposes such as indoor placement, as opposed to Air–Insulated Electrical Gear, which takes up considerably more room. Gas-–Insulated Electrical Gear is also more resistant to the effects of pollution and climate, as well as being more reliable in long–term operation because of its controlled operating environment. Although most of the decomposition products tend to quickly re–form SF6, arcing or corona can produce Disulfur Decafluoride (S2F10), a highly toxic gas, with toxicity similar to phosgene. S2F10 was considered a potential chemical warfare agent in World War II because it does not produce lacrimation or skin irritation, thus providing little warning of exposure.
You can visit the website www.dilo-gmbh.de for a detailed look at the products and the specifications of the products.